Establishing goals and accomplishing them are two totally different things. Setting a goal is simply the initial step towards a desired end, but actually accomplishing those goals is another issue. Many set goals, but few actually see them come to fruition.
Being focused and determined to reach that goal with a firm, sensible plan of action separates the dreamers from the achievers. Various roadblocks will come your way as you go for your goal. Here are five timeless techniques that will help get the success you want.
1. What is your exact goal? Know what you are trying to accomplish as the end result. Use specifics. Being precise is vital and will be the measure of your success. Don’t be vague. Remember, dreamers do absolutely nothing but dream. This applies to all areas of life: learning an instrument, making your marriage solid, raising up your kids, succeeding at a home business. The list goes on and on. No one said success is easy, and there will be setbacks. You must stay attentive and focused on the desired end result.
2. Are you willing to pay the price? Of course, “paying a price” means work. Your success will require undivided preparation and energy. For example, let’s take building a home business. It starts with a coarse idea of a job field that interests you. Then comes the creation of an entire set of plans–a program to train you and get you started. Now you’re drawn closer to your goal. But this is only the beginning.
All worthwhile pursuits will cost you money, time, and effort. It’s simply a fact of life in many areas of life. For example, realizing financial success might signify less rest and recreational time. Composing and publishing your own book may suggest less time spent in front of the television. Bringing up your kids with high standards may lay the weight of setting a good example and giving up personal interests to be there for them. Perhaps your itinerary is jam packed. This will require you to make some major, or minor, changes to arrive at your desired destination.
3. Concentrate on your goal every day. No one likes time limits. Then it is very important that you give your goal your full attention. A consistent, positive focus must become part of your daily efforts. It is critical that you forge new positive paths in your mindsets in order to arrive at your new goal. Those old negative ways of thinking have got to go, and this will take daily concentration. After all, they are most likely the cause of any lack of succsss in reaching any goal in your life. Familiar mental habits have grooved deep paths in your subconscious thoughts. The only way to override these negative mindsets is to consciously focus on what you DO want and build up new ways of thinking repeatedly every day!
Make a fresh vow to reach your goal each and every day. Do not allow your goal to get pushed aside with every frustration and discouragment that gets in your way. I guarantee that life’s events will try to put a dent in your motivation to achieve. Just remember–get and stay on track every day. Concentrate on succeeding at your goal!
4. Get passionate. One of the most powerful qualities you can possess is a genuine passion for your goal. Passion is vital because fervent desire for your goal will fire you on and press you towards it even quicker. This is a key to success. An intense passion will also motivate you to quickly supersede any subconscious thought patterns you may have of discouragement and failure and spur you on.
5. Take constant action. This can most likely be called the most difficult step. Achieving your goal is dependent on you taking one step at a time continuously. The word action is a “verb” and requires you to keep moving forward. Make a committment to take action towards your goal every day, and it will make a difference.
So avoid sitting back, procastinating, and simply being a dreamer. Stop hoping for that big moment when everything will just mystically come together. It’s not going to happen without your conscious efforts! So determine your direction in life. Calculate exactly what you want, then chase it with a passion. Stay on it with action daily. Stop dreaming about it and do it!