Old people’s advice about life Hello guys, today I am writing about the best life advices by the old age people to younger ones so that they can imply all these advices to make their present and future better. Old people are the life coach which can help make our life better. These are the few advices given by the […] #SelfImprovementGoals #SelfImprovement #BestLife #motivation #success #momlife
We are going to get down to ONE WORD that can be your focus, your mantra, the word that can guide you through the whole year. When you need a break, you go to your word. When you are stressed, repeat your word. When you need strength or a lift, this word will be there for you!
I tried this exercise at our monthly meeting with my Sales Team last year, and will be repeating it with them again at our January meeting. It seemed to be well-received and helpful, so I hope you’ll give it a try.
To get to your ONE WORD, let’s take a little time to figure out what we you in your businesses this year. (If you want to do this for health, family, etc you can, but we will be focusing on business for this example.) Take a few minutes to sum up what you want in 1 Paragraph.That’s 5 sentences total. Make it personal, specific, and important. It may sound something like, “This year, I will build my direct sales business by growing my Team. I will be sure to work my personal business at the level of the Leader I desire to be, even before I am officially promoted to that level. I will take responsibility for making sure the work needed to make this a reality gets done. 2017 will be the year when I accept no excuses or let any distractions get in the way of what I want. I will be proud of what I have accomplished at the end of everyday.”
DID YOU DO IT??? DON’T CHEAT YOURSELF BY THINKING YOU’LL COME BACK TO THIS LATER.
Now, take that paragraph and reduce it to 1 sentence that sums up what you want to achieve. Your one sentence should encompass the most important items in your paragraph. This can be tough because we really have to DECLUTTER our thinking and boil it down to the essentials. Using the example above, it may sound like: “2017 will be the year where I accept no excuses for making my dream of becoming a (Leadership Level) a reality, and I will make sure I am doing the tasks necessary on a daily basis to add team members and reach the sales level I need. ”
MAKE SURE YOU DID IT BEFORE YOU READ ON!!!
Finally, take a few minute to look at your sentence and decide what your ONE WORD will be for 2017. It doesn’t have to be a word that is IN that sentence, it can be one that sums it up. It could be a noun, what you actually want. It could be a verb, what you are going to do. Make it an adjective to describe how you want to feel. It can be whatever you want it to be. Whatever you can hold on to and focus on when you need that extra push or guidance.
Some people are even finding their words on items and keeping them close at hand as a reminder of their focus. You could select a piece of jewelry that already has your word on it, an article of clothing like a “Believe” T-shirt, or even a motivational cell phone covers.
TIP: Can’t find anything with your word on it? Create your own personalized, engraveable piece of jewelry with your ONE WORD on it.
So, how did you do? DID YOU CREATE YOUR ONE WORD?
You can now put that word to use! Keep it where you can see it so you find motivation from it all year long. TAKE ACTION right now by writing it on a paper to hang on the refrigerator, create a poster, or print it and frame it to hang on your office wall. By keeping your word in front of you, you are sure to stay on task all year long!
Many professionals have a basic idea of what they want to achieve in their careers. They may want to close more sales, earn a higher income, or move into a different job. However, somehow they do not achieve the success they desire. Why? Why is it that intelligent, motivated, hard-working individuals are not achieving the success they deserve? It is because they haven’t set clear goals.
They may have a general idea of what they want to accomplish, but the mind does not work effectively with generalities. If you want to earn a higher income and you earn one more dollar, have you achieved your goal? No, of course you haven’t. Because you were not specific about what you wanted to accomplish, your creative mind could not assist you in reaching your true objective.
In order to be effective, goals must be written down in the present tense using clear, specific, vivid words. For example, if your goal were to earn a salary of $50,000 per year, you would write. I now earn $50,000. per year in a job that is fulfilling and allows me to express myself creatively.
Completing the following steps will help you set goals effectively so you can achieve positive results in your career.
1. Decide what you want to accomplish. The goal should be very specific. If you want to close more sales, how many more sales do you want to close? What do you want your closing ratio to be? If you want to move into a different job, what are the characteristics of that job?
2. Determine a deadline for accomplishment. A goal must have a deadline. If you do not have a date on it, the goal is only a wish or a dream.
3. Determine that the goal is believable to you. You must feel that the goal can be realized. If you believe it is impossible to achieve, you will never take the action necessary to make the goal a reality.
4. Where are you now? Take a current inventory. You will never know how far you have to go if you don’t know where you already are.
5. What obstacles do you need to overcome? Is there something that may make it difficult to achieve your goal? Be aware of the obstacle so you can make plans to overcome it.
6. What knowledge will you need to acquire? Will you need to earn a professional designation or take certain courses? Will you need to research new markets?
7. What organizations and groups should you associate with? Are there certain groups of people that can make it easier for you to accomplish your goal? How can you become affiliated with them?
8. What are the benefits to you? Write down as many benefits as possible. The more benefits you can come up with, the more likely you will be to stick to the goal until it is achieved.
9. Develop an action plan. Determine the specific steps that will be necessary to achieve the goal. Start at the accomplishment of the goal and work backwards.
10. Visualize yourself accomplishing the goal. See yourself in clear detail as if you have already achieved the goal. If you want to close more sales, see yourself closing more sales easily. Do this over and over again until it becomes part of your subconscious mind.
11. Take daily action towards the goal. Dreams and goals require action. The best goal in the world will never materialize unless consistent action is taken.
12. Resolve to never quit. Decide that you will never give up, even when times get tough, until your goal is reached.
Taking the effort to complete the steps in goal setting is not easy. However, when you follow these steps, your success is almost assured.
Copied with permission from: http://plrplr.com/63391/the-12-commandments-of-goal-setting/