Don’t you hated when you start to do something in particular and all of the sudden you find yourself distracted once again doing something else, without finishing what you set out to do in the first place?
It happens to me all the time. I start the day focusing into one thing and then by the end of the day end up doing something completely different.
I think some people get bored doing one thing only, so we are easy to get side-tracked.
That’s why I decided to investigate more about Setting Goals. I found some great information and decided to setup a site to help others as well into Setting their Own goals and sticking to them until they have achieved them.
Here you will find some usefull tips for getting your goals into shape and achieved.
The key to successful goal setting is your ability to motivate yourself and stay motivated until you have achieved your goals.
Stay focused…it is extremely important to take your goals seriously and you will achieve any goals you set your mind to do.
First, let’s take a look at what motivation really is.
Motivation is not a product of outside influence; it is a natural product of your desire to achieve something and your belief that you are capable of doing it
Positive goals that are geared toward your pleasure are much more powerful motivators than negative ones that are based on fear. The right combination of both is the most powerful and motivating mix.
Now let’s look at what you can actually do to motivate yourself and stay that way.
1. Start with visualizing your future success and model the feelings you’ll experience when you achieve it
2. Mentally walk the path towards this success and base your feelings at different milestones on the way
3. Assign a high priority to each task that you must achieve which will give each task a priority in your mind
4. Set a target for the amount of work you will do each day toward your goals
5. Visualize the desired outcome: Create a picture of what the desired outcome will look like, and have this vision in your mind at all times
6. Set milestones of the things you like to do and the things that you are good at
7. Use visual indicators to monitor progress and complete the task
8. Give yourself affirmations to remind yourself of how capable you are at reaching your goals
9. Watch movies that motivate you
10. Listen to music that motivates you
11. If you work better with competition, make a deal with a friend or family member to compete for the goal for example who gets there first! It can be hypothetical and doesn’t necessarily have to be for real
12. Get help and support from people around you or from a professional in the field for example a personal trainer, finance manager etc.
13. Define your own version of success, don’t let others define success for you
14. Ignore any negative influences or responses to your efforts
15. Make a conscious effort to do better than you have ever done in the past
16. Focus on the positive achievements and not the negatives
17. Share your successes with others as this will keep you focused and help you voice your accomplishments which will realize your achievements for you
18. Acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses and work onthem both
19. Train yourself to finish what you start by refusing toquit until you are done
20. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes and don’t punishyourself for making them Express your goals in a positiveway. That is a key component to setting goals that you canattain.
Express your goals in a positive way. That is a key component to setting goals that you can attain.