Happiness Manifesto – beat depression and live positive
There are reasons, good reasons, why certain people have reached the state of constant happiness – it’s all about things like wonder, self satisfaction, never forgetting ones roots and the inspiration gained from others…
…others who are or have been in worse positions than yourself – but are happy, as well as those fortunates who have gotten themselves into the happy position that you would like to be in.
Habit No.1…Be Inspired By Others
• It never ceases to amaze and is totally inspiring when you take time to notice those that you would consider worse off than yourself i.e. those that are blind or have limbs missing or are born with or have been suddenly stricken with debilitating diseases or afflictions – BUT – they attain happiness…their inner strength and acceptance of their circumstances is truly astounding…it begs the question; “exactly WHY am i unhappy..?”.
• What about those who have followed the tenets and types of advice that are cited and discussed within this site…they have attained happiness via positive thinking, hard endeavour, full commitment to their desires and absolute persistence in taking the necessary steps along their road to success…that warrants full respect and is simply inspirational…why not just emulate their steps to success..!?!
Habit No.2…Share Your Knowledge And Your Time
• There really is nothing like the act of giving to others…most especially your time and knowledge…Winston Churchill said: “We Make a Living By What We Get, But We Make a Life By What We Give”
• The man knew what he was talking about and many other very successful people have quoted along the same lines with the self-same theme…and have gone ahead to live full and happy lives.
• It’s one of the main rules of the universe and has been proved time and time again…to receive, you must first give..!
Habit No.3…Always Be Grateful For Everything You Have
• Happy people are constantly grateful for all the material things they have, even if it took hard work and effort to obtain them…they do not take it or them for granted.
• Subsequently, the people in your life…if you have wonderful relationships with great friends and loved ones, be grateful…do not take them for granted.
• There are plenty people in this world who, for whatever reason, are not so fortunate, so you have serious reason to be forever thankful for your bounty..!
Habit No.4…Live For This Moment
• This moment, here and now is what counts…focus and enjoy what you need to get done today so that you successfully move forward to tomorrow.
• The past is done-and-dusted…there is no point continuously thinking about your past mistakes or even your past conquests – every day is different and will need to be actioned so that you get to the end of the road you have chosen for your FUTURE success.
• On that note – do not dwell too much on the future either…what you do now, at this moment, is what will determine your future needs and actions.
Habit No.5…Know The Only Things That You Can Control Are Your Thoughts
• Although you can guide by providing help and advice, you cannot control what others think or do – don’t let that have negative influence on your desires.
• Your thoughts are “things” – they WILL become reality if you keep thinking them…that’s your negative as well as your positive thoughts, so it’s obvious what type of thoughts you should spend the most (all) of your time on – right..?
• Happy people begin with a dream, a thought…and then make it a solid happenstance..!
Happiness is a state of mind, not just a simple feeling…if your mind is persistently positive, if your mind is grateful and if your mind does not dwell on past injustices or mistakes and if you make sure your mind doesn’t stress too much about the future that you cannot possibly control, then happiness is yours for the taking…take it..!
Here’s a simple but very adroit quote – from Abraham Lincoln – for you to remember…
“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”
Peter EC Kirwan
Choose to be Happy
Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy.
Make Time for Yourself
Too many things to do? Not enough time? Stop. You need a break. Now. At a minimum take a minute, and do “nothing”. Look out the window, daydream, think of something luxurious, think of something good. For yourself. This important little exercise can refresh you and helps to clear your mind.
Take a Breath
Take a deep breath, hold it, then let it out. Now do it again. This is an excellent way to reduce tension and stress and only takes a few moments. Do this several times throughout the day. Don’t forget to breathe!
A simple act of helping someone can make you feel good about yourself. It doesn’t have to be a major undertaking. A smile, a simple compliment, a kind word, telling someone you appreciate them is often all it takes.
Take a Hike
Regular exercise is very beneficial to your health and, next to swimming, walking is the single best exercise you can do. It’s easy and requires little or no equipment. Take a brisk walk for 30 minutes. Every day. This is an excellent way to build stamina, tone muscles and maybe even shed a few of those extra pounds along the way.
Be grateful for the things that you do have. As the old saying goes, “I complained because I had no shoes. Until I met a man who had no feet”.
Have a Purpose
According to DestinyFinders.com each of us has a unique, special rewarding something we are destined to do in life. A life purpose. Find your life purpose. And live it.
These 7 things can help you improve your life in just 7 days. They can help you gain more positive control over your life. They can help boost your self-esteem. Together, they can improve you physically, mentally and spiritually.
When you find it hard to be happy it can be downright – well, depressing. Nobody likes to be unhappy and feel down and no one wants to get stuck in that feeling for a long period of time. That’s why finding ways to be happy is important.
If you want to be happy then you have to do something to make that happen. You can’t just sit around and dwell on wanting to be happy! Sometimes you have to go out and force yourself to be happy, and sometimes all you have to do is change your focus to be happy. Either way, take action and get yourself out of the non-productive funk of sadness and find a way to start to feel better.
10 Different Ways to Be Happy
1. Change the Way You Think
If you are constantly thinning about the future or the past then it can be easy to get stuck in a rut of being unhappy. Why? Because living in the past puts your focus on regret and living in the future puts your focus on anxiety and worry. How can you be happy when you are regretful, anxious, or worried?
The solution is to focus on the present. Live in the moment. Take joy in the day that you are living and appreciate that there may not be a tomorrow to worry about. When you live in the present you focus on things that bring you happiness and you recognize the blessings that you have right now.
Many people who experience near death or a tragedy will automatically pick up this mind-set of living in the moment. They enjoy what they have and they stop taking life for granted. Don’t wait until tragedy strikes to get into this mind-set. Enjoy today…today.
2. Use a Journal or Gratitude Journal
I personally think that any kind of journal writing is good for you. It lets you see your thoughts on paper and judge whether they are really worthy of being upset about. Sometimes after a horrible day I’ll write down the things I thought made me upset and I will end up laughing about how silly they really are. Writing in a journal can put things into perspective.
A gratitude journal on the other hand should not be about the bad things in your day, but rather it should only be about the things you are grateful for in your day. It can allow you to quickly see how many blessings you have that you didn’t notice before, and the effect of that awareness can overfill into your next day and the next day after that.
3. Decide What Matters Most in Life
A great way to really see what’s important in your life is to picture yourself at the end of your life. Decide whether that little misunderstanding or that rude person is going to matter when you look back at your life. Chances are that they are not.
The things that matter in life are happiness, love, and peace. Feeling good about yourself and treating others with respect and love should be things that you strive to do every day. When you look back on your life wouldn’t you rather see a life full of purpose that was enjoyed to its fullest? In the end that’s what really matters – that you saw the good and enjoyed it while you could.
4. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff
It’s so easy to get worked up over little things and let them drag you into a pit of unhappiness, but if you want to be happy in life you have to learn to let go of the little things and move past them. If you hold onto them too tight then they can turn into bigger things or wasted time in your life.
For example, if you get cut off in traffic do not make it into an issue of gigantic proportions. You are not doing yourself any good by blowing up over the incident and it may cause you to waste your time complaining about the situation. You don’t know if that person was racing to see their dying father or if they were just a jerk. Either way, don’t let them affect your day, week, or life.
5. Get it Over With
If you are not happy because you have to do something that you don’t want to do, and there is no way out of it, then don’t drag it on forever – instead get it over with! Procrastination can drain your energy and exhaust your mind. When you think and worry about something that you have to do you are causing yourself to be unhappy. Take action, avoid procrastination, and be happy.
6. Change up Your Life
If you are not happy with your daily life then try changing up your routine. Life can become somewhat of a chore when you are doing things that don’t make you happy day after day, but if change up your life and do things that cause you to be happy then you don’t have to worry about that.
If you ever find yourself saying “I hate doing this” then you may need to stop doing whatever you are doing. So many people say that’s easier said than done, but that’s not true. If you hate doing your job then why can’t you go out and find another job? Why do you have to stay in your job for your entire life if you hate it? You can’t be happy if you hate doing what you are doing – in any area of your life, so don’t do what you hate. Only do what you love.
7. Don’t Compare Yourself
Do you find that you feel like you are not good enough? This is probably because you are comparing yourself to other people. For instance, if your neighbor gets a new boat do you feel as though in order to be happy you need to get something similar if not the same? This is common. It’s called trying to keep up with what we think will make us happy.
The truth is you will not be happy because you are like someone else or because you have what someone else has. That’s not happiness. That’s called cloning. Happiness is enjoying what you have and understanding that you are perfect the way you are. When you understand that, and feel it, you will really be happy.
8. Add No To Your Vocabulary
This has allowed me to be happy in ways I couldn’t understand before. Instead of saying yes to something that I absolutely did not want to do or have time for I’ve learned to say no, and this has reduced my stress, allowed me to feel like I’m standing up for myself, and most importantly gotten me out of some dreadful situations. Don’t be scared to say no if you don’t want to do something. People will understand that you are not always at their beck and call, and if they don’t then they are probably yes people themselves and are jealous of you being able to say no.
9. Appreciate Your Relationships
Whether you are married, in a relationship, or just have some of the best friends in the world, appreciate your relationships. Your closest allies are there to help you be happy and feel good about yourself and the more you appreciate them and nurture those relationship the happier you can be.
10. Don’t Bottle Up Your Emotions
There are a lot of people who don’t react to situations that demand reactions. If you are one of these people then you have to know that bottling up your emotions so that nobody has to deal with them but you is not the way to be happy. Trying to pretend that you are dealing with everything okay is not going to make everything be okay! Holding in emotions is a good way to raise your stress level and blood pressure, and it can also cause health problems in your life if you do it too often.
Instead of bottling up your emotions try writing them down in a journal, crying, screaming into your pillow, or just talking it out with a close friend. You will feel better the instant you get the emotion out of you and you will find it easier to be happy after an emotional event.
|If you want to learn how to be happy then click here and learn why you may never be happy in the future!|