Motivation can take you far, but it can take you even further if you first find your vision. Your vision will motivate and guide you on your journey to success and personal fullfillment. Trying to succeed at anything without first having a clear vision of what it is you want to accomplish will only lead to you going around in circles and eventually giving up in frustration.
To develop your vision, you must look inside yourself. Vision comes from within, from the spirit or subconscious, whatever you choose to call it. Every one has a vision that is uniquely their own, and you are no different. the hard part comes in understanding your personal vision and how it applies to your personal motivation plan.
Your vision will most likely not come suddenly like some bolt of lightning out of the sky. Instead, it will grow from your experiences, talents, dreams, and desires, so don’t try to rush it. Instead, keep your motivation and allow your vision to reveal itself through you.
Here are five steps you can use to effectively find your vision:
1. Learn to listen to your inner voice. Since your vision starts from inside you, you should learn to listen and feel what your mind and heart truly desire. What stirs you? What is your greatest desire? What kind of dreams do you have? If what you think you want does not really come from the inner depths of your heart and soul, then you will find it difficult, if not impossible, to not give up before you achieve it.
2. Prepare yourself mentally. Your vision begins in your mind and heart. It is something that burns within your soul. it should be greater than your all of your past memories, mistakes, and accomplishments. If you know what your vision is, you will have a purpose and won’t get lost on your journey. Discouragement is the outcome of not having a ditinct vision. If you don’t know where you’re going or how to get there, the journey will seem a lot
longer and harder.
In order to seek your vision, retreat to a quiet and tranquil place, a place that will allow your mind to think creatively and concentrate on your vision.
3. Seek out other motivated vision seekers. Greatness breeds greatness, and it is for this reason that you should seek out the company of others who can appreciate and support your vision. Hang with the winners and it will keep your motivation high.
4. Keep a notebook and pen handy. All too often, when seeking a vision, it is easy to forget that it is 90 percent inspiration, as American inventor Thomas Edison said. With that in mind, you never know when your vision is going to come to fruition, so keep a small notebook with you at all times, even on your nightstand when you sleep, and write down whatever comes to mind, no matter how silly it seems at the time. You may write down a hundred crazy ideas but number one hundred and one just might be the vision you were searching for. Don’t try to edit right now, just write down everything that comes to mind.
5. Don’t try to fully understand your vision. The vision you are seeking will most likely come to you in ways that you won’t fully understand at the moment. That’s okay. Just follow as much of your vision as you can right now, and more will be revealed to you as time goes on.
All truly successful people have a vision that they follow, no matter what challenges they may face, to it’s eventual outcome. Begin following the above steps to seek your vision today and remember that true, lasting success will never come to you until you know what your vision is and how you will follow it. And you will be unstoppable if you combine your personal vision with a healthy dose of motivation.
Have you ever gotten inspired by reading a story about someone who overcame great obstacles in order to achieve their goal? What if you can make your life one that would inspire and motivate the people who knew about it? What if you could write your own motivational story? Well guess what? Whether or not your life will be one that will inspire someone, you are writing it right now.
There is just something magical that happens when someone is able to obtain the life of their dreams. We all had dreams when we were kids but because of one thing or another, as we grew up, those dreams started to fade away. We became stuck in the illusion of everyday life.
This illusion makes us believe that life is meant to be ordinary. We were meant to work at jobs we don’t like because after all, that is why they call it work. So we start to settle for what we can get instead of go after what we really want. We lose ourselves to the daily grind of life.
So what do these people in these inspirational stories do differently than the rest of us? They never lose sight of their dreams. Challenges are part of life. That’s a fact that we just have to face. It isn’t something that we will ever get rid of. In fact, if you want to live an inspirational life, you must have challenges. The bigger the challenges you have to face, the better.
If you read a story about someone who had to overcome some simple irritation to reach his goal, would that inspire you? Wouldn’t you be more inspired by someone who had to overcome challenges that would bring most people to their knees? Think about the stories you’ve read or the movies you’ve seen where the main plot of a hero defeating the bad guy to get the prize. If you ever noticed, the stronger the bad guy was, the stronger our hero had to become, and the more inspiring the moment was when our hero finally defeated the bad guy. Now if the bad guy was some puny weakling, then you’re really just watching a comedy, aren’t you?
You see, since you are writing your story as the days go by, in order to make it an inspirational one, you must take on those challenges that prevent you from living the life of your dreams. Your courage and determination can one day change the life of someone else. I think it’s incredible when someone accomplishes a goal where they had to overcome such great adversity and when I read stories about those people, it inspires me to continue going for my own dreams and gives me hope that it’s possible.
So, what kind of story will your life turn out to be?
Until next time…
Love Life. Do Good. Live Well.
by Kevin Ngo